WordPress Website Ad-Hoc Support covers such things as:
- Troubleshooting issues and errors.
- Re-arranging website layout or content.
- Adjusting alignment & spacing.
- Adding/editing/deleting/moving text.
- Adding/deleting/moving/resizing images.
- Proofreading, spelling & grammar checking.
- Adding/deleting/re-arranging pages.
- Formatting/styling/colour scheme changes.
- Adjusting/adding/removing menus/widgets/contact forms.
- Adjusting/adding/removing social media links/integrations.
- Publishing/editing/deleting blog posts/news items/testimonials.
Additional actions for eCommerce sites might include:
- Adding/editing/deleting products.
- Configuring shop settings.
- Configuring/setting up payment gateways.
Frequently Asked Questions
The loading speed of your website is dependant on many different factors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Hosting service: A website is generally only as fast as its slowest component. You can have the leanest and fastest website possible, but if the server that your website is hosted on isn’t up to scratch, then no amount of best practices or website optimisations will help you achieve the optimal load times you’re looking for. For this reason, we strongly encourage customers to host their Silvercode-built websites on a Silvercode hosting plan. The same logic applies to fast hosting and a poorly optimised website. You can have the fastest hosting, but if your website is very poorly optimised then the hosting service may only help your loading speed in a small way.
- Number of widgets and functionality: The higher the number of elements per page a website has, the slower its load times will be. As a basic example, a website with only text and images will load faster than a website with text, images, videos, contact forms, and sliders. The same goes for any other specific functionality – the more your website can do, the more code and scripts need to be loaded on each page load, and thus the load time will be higher.
- Images and videos: It goes without saying that the more images or videos per page, the longer it will take for a user to load. This is particularly relevant for larger images or videos.
- Third party scripts & analytics: Many analytics tracking services (such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel) insert a custom script into every page of your website in order to track user actions. While such tracking scripts are common and usually required for business websites, it’s important to note that they do have an impact on the load times of your website.
Although the above list is not inclusive of every aspect that may impact a website’s loading speed, these are some of the primary considerations.
Silvercode uses a stringent set of best practices when building your website to achieve an optimal loading speed. Though we cannot guarantee any specific load time, our websites usually achieve under 2 seconds of load time, or even 1 second for more basic sites. Your functionality requirements, chosen hosting service, and a number of other factors will determine the final result. We can provide advice on determining the best balance in terms of functionality vs loading speed, and will work with you on the best course of action for your needs.
If your website was not built by Silvercode, you may request a website speed review and optimisation through our WordPress Website Ad-Hoc Support service.
We kindly request that you plan for and allow at least 24 hours of time for any change requests to be actioned or to receive a response for technical support. While we generally action all change requests and respond to technical support enquiries much quicker than this, allowing 24 hours will ensure a consistent experience for all of our website management clients, as well as set reliable expectations for both parties in the event of unexpectedly busy periods.
If your request involves a substantial amount of work, we will let you know if we are going to require a longer amount of time to complete it.
Change requests and technical support are conducted within our support hours, which you will find listed on our contact page.
If there is a genuinely urgent issue, we will immediately prioritise it and attend to it at our very next availability, whether that falls within our support hours or outside of them. Our support hours are listed on our contact page, however, we monitor all incoming support tickets closely, often-times outside of these hours (though we do not guarantee 24/7 monitoring).
Urgent matters include business-impacting problems such as your website not functioning as expected in a critical way, or customers not being able to complete the checkout process if your website has a store, etc.
If the website was originally built by Silvercode, you have the option of purchasing either WordPress Website Ad-Hoc Support or a WordPress Website Support Plan. In either case, the website must be handed over in good working order with no known functionality issues. If the website has issues that require rectification, these must first be rectified via our WordPress Website Ad-Hoc Support service, before the website can commence on a monthly plan.
If the website was not originally built by Silvercode, we will first need to assess the condition and structure of the website to see if we are able to provide our support or maintenance services. As we cannot guarantee the performance or reliability of a website we haven’t built ourselves, we always prefer that existing websites are rebuilt using modern, up-to-date software prior to commencing on either of our monthly plans. If you wish to keep your existing website however, we can often still assist. In these cases, clients must accept that we may be limited in performing some support or maintenance tasks, if the existing website has not been set up to allow for them. An externally-built website must be handed over in good working order with no functionality issues prior to going on either our WordPress Website Support Plan or WordPress Website Maintenance Plan. If the website has issues that require rectification, these must first be rectified via our WordPress Website Ad-Hoc Support service, before the website can commence on a monthly plan.